It’s easy to burn through a year and miss all the amazing things that are happening around you. I am so grateful for the people I get to do life with. They include: my family, our Mountain Lake Church family and Ministry Team, the http://www.churchplanters.com Team, and the guys at B & H that actually publish the things I write. One of my life verses is: “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen” (Ephesians 3:20-21).
I really do believe this. Reflecting on the past year reminds me of how amazing and gracious our God is. The only thing that is hard to believe is that God allows me to join him on this incredible journey and his life changing mission! Here are some of the highlights:
- My son returned home from Afghanistan and is now stationed at Fort Bragg.
- My daughter moved back home from Charleston and is now attending school in Georgia.
- I got to spend countless hours cruising the North Georgia Mountains on my motorcycle with my wonderful wife, Tami.
- My second book was released, Breaking the Discipleship Code.
- I completed the draft of my third book, Simply Jesus: Detox for the Overly Religious.
- I helped put a well and irrigation system in Malawi.
- I got to help Chief Waya and his elders become followers of Jesus.
- I went to the Middle East with an incredible team and trained approximately 100 Middle Eastern pastors.
- I spent a lot of quality time in my little garden spot doing life with Casey Graham and Mike Buckalew.
- Shawn Lovejoy and I got to encourage hundreds of church planters through www.churchplanters.com.
- I spent a lot of time reading and re-reading the gospels, praying for God to “Show me his way”, and learning tons about the simplicity of Jesus and his ways. I’m so glad I get to follow.
- I spent a week with my kids in Destin, Florida after having been separated by a war for 15 months.
- I spent Christmas with my family for the first time in two years. More importantly I think my kids gave me more gifts than I gave them. I love that!
- I’m getting ready to throw down some serious collards and peas. You know what they say!
I can’t wait to see what God has in store for this coming year.