I thought I would put a little update on my life since our churchplanters.com conference and since I wrapped up my Executive Pastor services at Mountain Lake Church.
- My son is on leave from Afghanistan. This is the most important news. He returned last Thursday. He is currently away in a secure and quiet place catching up with his wife. I’ve resisted the temptation to call him, but since he probably wouldn’t answer it has been hard. We did have several good meals together and it was a real highlight having him in church @ Mountain Lake on Sunday. He will be returning toAfghanistan on the 27th where he will spend the next five months before he returns home and processes out of the military. Your prayers are appreciated.
- Last week Tami and I went to Austin, Texas where we spoke at an annual retreat for church planters with the SBCT. It was an amazing time. I taught the men out of my new book, Detox for the Overly Religious, while Tami led the women on a process of detoxing. It’s amazing how God can work when we get honest. We continue to lose our religion and rediscover the simplicity and centrality of Jesus and his ways.
- I am currently working on two new books. I have just about completed the book proposal for the first. I am really excited about it. It focuses on what it means not simply to believe, but to actually follow. It’s going to build off of Detox and take following to the next level. I can’t wait. The second box is being birth out of my convictions related to the church. I can’t wait to write it.
- I am leaving for Haiti at the end of the month. I’m helping MLC over the next six months with their World Care Ministry. We are currently setting up a long term relationship in Haiti. Our goal is to send teams to Haiti for the next 24 to 36 months. This will be my first trip down and MLC should be taking regular trips with the month.
- I am consulting with three churches currently with a fourth one beginning in May. My sweet spot is churches from about 400 to 1000 who are having to make huge ministry decision to continue momentum. I having a blast in the process and seeing some key ministry wins for these churches.
- I’m continuing to provide leadership for churchplanters.com. We are getting ready for Exponential Conference. I can’t wait. I love connecting with church planters. They are my hero.
I know it sounds busy and it is busy, but it is amazing what you can accomplish when you are not tied up in meetings and tons of administrative stuff that goes along with leading a church. My hat goes off to those who do it is a needed and important ministry.