I’m so grateful that God is a God of infinite chances and grace! Over the past week I have had opportunities to experience so much life.
- I spoke at Lifesong Church on my latest book, Detox for the Overly Religious.
- Met some amazing guys who are architects and builders who love the church.
- I help my friend Dean Herman at 5 Point Church as they consider a bold move for God. A special thanks to Steve Head of Christian Brother, Inc and Ron Cochran of Wave who went on this journey with me. Thanks for loving new churches and loving me.
- Celebrated my 51 birthday at a Falcon’s Game. They lost, but I was with my wife and daughter. What could have been better!
- I had lunch with the new pastor of Revolution Church, Jason Gerdes.
- I had an incredible coaching session with our church planting network and my church planting partner Shawn Lovejoy on Nurturing Vitality.
- I hung out with one of my best friends on Friday Casey Graham of The Change Group. We celebrated his book release, Funded and Free.
- I got to plan a Compassion Party where we are going to partner with Compassion International. I’m believing God for the sponsorship of 2000 children.
- I hung out with Bret Harrison of Experience Missions International. I love this guy.
- We celebrated my birthday with about 30 people at my favoriteCuban Restaurant.
- My friend Jim Shepherd of Generis surprised me. He left me a special gift at the restaurant.
- I spoke to my son who is getting out of the Army at midnight Monday. I am so proud of him. He spent 25 months in Afghanistan over the past four years. Welcome home my son. Excuse me while I shout!
I don’t deserve any of this, but God is so good. He is a life giving God. Reflecting back on my birthday week is a reminder that I have experienced a lifetime in the past week.